Friday, June 22, 2012

I can't believe I'm a mom.

I said this to myself over and over in disbelief the first month of my baby's life, "I'm a mom.  Is this real?  No way! How did this tiny human being grow inside me?" I couldn't believe that this precious baby was what was living in me and causing my body so much pain.   I never could picture myself giving birth or being a mom, even though I wanted to be one.  I knew I wanted to be one as soon as I hit my twenties.  Then I had an idea in my head that I would have a child by the time I was twenty-eight.  Well, when year twenty-eight came around and I was not in the place of having a kid or even wanting one, I came up with another idea.  If I'm not married and on my way to having kids by the age of thirty-five, then I am going to start the adoption process on my own.   I met my husband at age 30 and we got married 2 1/2 years ago (age 33). I gave birth at age 35 and here I am, the mother of a 16 week old.  Wow!  I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment